Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Bouncing Baby Belleque | Sharing The Good News

Nick and I decided to wait until I got home to tell anyone else the good news. We wanted to be together for that, and I had only just hit five weeks, so we knew we had plenty of time. I was originally supposed to stay in Kansas for two weeks, but given the news, we decided to cut my visit short by a week, so I could get home and go to the doctor, and be with Nick.

It was hard, not spilling the beans, especially since I still got on Facebook every day, but Nick had it way worse - he had to pretend nothing had happened while seeing family every day for a week! His mom and dad both asked me if he was okay when I called for him, because the poor guy was wandering around the house in a daze! He finally confided in our pastor, which really seemed to help. I was lucky - Tina already knew (obviously), so I could talk to her about it all I wanted.

The day I got home, Nick and I had barely put my things down in the house when he told his parents. They were more than a little surprised! We went over to his sister's house and told them, and they prayed over us, which was really nice. Then we called my parents, who were stunned and thrilled as well. My sister Jessica found out from Mom and started jumping up and shrieking, telling everyone else in the family! I told my brother the next morning, and he claimed he knew what I was going to say, and was also very happy. This is the first baby on my side of the family - all of my siblings are going to be first time aunts and uncles, and my parents will be grandparents for the first time, too! It was very late by the time I told our immediate family, so we called everyone else the next morning, and announced it on Facebook the day after that.

4 comments:

  1. hey girl! i wanted to say congrats on the baby! i have read every blog entry about it but haven't been able to comment. how exciting!!!! so happy for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As you know from the group, I am VERY happy for you. My thoughts and prayers are with you for your pregnancy and beyond. Many blessings to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog post! I can't wait to hear your comments. If you have a general question, or want to contact me about something not related to this post, please use the form found on my Contact page. Thanks! *smiles*