Friday, September 2, 2011

30 Day Challenge | Husband Encouragement Challenge For Wives | Day 1


30 Day Challenge
Husband Encouragement Challenge For Wives
Day 1


{ Devotional }

"The heart of her husband safely trusts her; so he will have no lack of gain. She does 
him good and not evil all the days of her life." Prov. 31:11-12   
To refresh your memory...here's the 30-Day Encouragement Challenge...for the next 30 days:  
* You can't say anything negative about your husband ...to your husband...or to anyone else, about your husband.  
* Say something that you admire or appreciate about your husband...to your husband...and to someone else, about your husband!  
To help you get started, have you ever thanked your husband for "choosing you" above all other women? He found you attractive as a person, and appreciated you. Though many circumstances in your marriage may have changed, let your husband know that you are glad God led you together, and that you want to be a blessing to him for the rest of your marriage. Let him know that he can trust you to be in his corner. 
One of the best opportunities to express your gratitude is first thing in the morning. How do you greet your husband each morning? Is he confident in your love? Give him a "wake up call" that he'll never forget-a big "I love you" and an "I'm so glad I'm your wife!"


Join me after the jump for my thoughts on today's devotional...


{ My Husband... }

The last several days ~ almost a week, actually ~ have been both enjoyable and difficult for me. I am in Kansas, visiting my sister Tina and her wonderful family, and I am having a great time with them! But I left Nick in Illinois, holding down the fort and taking care of my pup, Butters. I really dislike being away from my Nicky, even if it is to do something fun. I don't sleep well without him, and I am constantly distracted with missing him. Do I sound like a newlywed? We've been married almost four and half years!

Our morning routine has changed recently, because of his new job with the school system. He gets up and leaves for work by 7am, and I (being relatively lazy) usually sleep another hour (or two) before getting up myself. Until this new job, upon waking we usually rolled into each other and snuggled up, and, yes, sometimes dozed a bit longer. But we basked in each other's presence, comforted by the warmth of the other, and whispered sweet murmurs of sleepy love. Now, our mornings are cut short by necessity. Despite this, Nick always wakes me up enough to give me hugs and kisses and tell me he loves me before he leaves for work. And I bask in the sweetness of that, while snuggling his pillow after he's gone.

The question asked in the devotional ~ "Have you ever thanked your husband for 'choosing you' above all other women?" ~ is an excellent question, in my opinion, and one that every wife should consider. Have you ever done this? Would you?

I remember saying something like this to Nick, one time. He laughed and choked about how no other women would have him, and I laughed back and said all other women are insanely jealous of my amazing husband. Smarmy, I know, but this is the kind of thing that builds confidence in our husbands! They need to know that we are 100% sold out and madly in love with them, and only them! A little smarm can go a long way toward encouraging our husbands, and affirming their worth in our eyes. Believe it or not, that strong, capable man is as soft as kitten fur in that "wife place" in his heart ~ he needs to know that we believe in him.


{ What Has Gone Before }

To see the original post introducing this 30 Day Challenge, click here.

2 comments:

  1. I love this post and I think that this is a fantastic challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Holly! :) I am really enjoying it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog post! I can't wait to hear your comments. If you have a general question, or want to contact me about something not related to this post, please use the form found on my Contact page. Thanks! *smiles*