Monday, August 13, 2012

Raising Financially Confident Kids | Mary Hunt | Book Review

I found this book on my front porch when I picked up my mail a few weeks ago, and was quite baffled, as I do not remember requesting this title for review. Raising Financially Confident Kids. Why would I want to read about debt-proofing kids when mine is only 3 months old, right? Wrong. Turns out it was the best and most relevant thing I've read all year...

Drawing from solid statistics and her own hard-won knowledge and experience, Hunt helps parents protect their children from the financial pitfalls of easy credit, an attitude of entitlement, and our culture’s chummy relationship with debt. From preschool through the teen years, every stage of a child’s development is covered, including how to talk to them about money, how to help them start saving money and giving it away, and how to manage money wisely.
 
This book is not just useful for dept-proofing your children. It is easily the most useful thing I have read to help anyone begin to practice financially-sound money habits. Raising Financially Confident Kids presents the basics of dept-free living in a simple and easy to understand format. Mary Hunt is a superb writer, who somehow manages to combine sound principles with an engaging voice that keeps you turning the pages to the very end, and never more excited to learn about money management. I can't wait to get my hands on her other books!

Mary Hunt is the author of the money management website, Dept-Proof Living, and the personal blog, Mary Hunt's Everyday Cheapskate, along with several other books including Can I Pay My Credit Card Bill With A Credit Card? and Financially Confident Woman. You can connect with Mary on her website, her blog, Facebook, and Twitter.

You can purchase your own copy of Raising Financially Confident Kids for only $12.99 here.

Disclaimer:: I received a copy of this book from Revell, a division of Baker Publishing Group, for the purpose of providing an honest review. All opinions are my own, and this post is in compliance with FTC regulations. To learn more, visit my PR and Disclosure pages.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog post! I can't wait to hear your comments. If you have a general question, or want to contact me about something not related to this post, please use the form found on my Contact page. Thanks! *smiles*