Monday, January 2, 2012

23 Weeks Pregnant

Not my belly - haven't lost that much weight yet!

My dearest Serenity ~
We are six months pregnant today, and Mama is a little bit nervous about the next four months before you make your debut in this world. You're only a little more than a pound in weight, and less than a foot long, yet you make your tiny presence known at every opportunity. Just now, you stretched and poked your little feet into my bladder - eek! You're going to make Mama wet herself one of these days, I just know it.
I can't wait to meet you, little one! I dream about you, you know. I don't even have to be asleep to do it ~ I dream about holding you, rocking you, singing to you... I love you, baby girl! Daddy loves you, too, and we can't wait to hold you in our arms, and bring you into our lives.
You received your first Christmas presents this year, sweetheart. Grama Cindy and Papa Brett gave you an adorable pink cotton sleeper with bunnies on it. Uncle Thomas, Aunt Kristine, and your cousins, Cinda and Nico, gave you a super soft and comfy pink and white fuzzy sleeper. I can't wait to take your picture in your new clothes from family who loves you so much!
You liked Christmas. Mama sang in a ladies group during our church's Christmas program, and you got so excited during one of the songs and bounced around like crazy! You also loved it when the congregation sang Silent Night, and when Aunt Kris and Grama Cindy sang their beautiful Christmas lullaby to Baby Jesus. I think your favorite was when Pastor Bruce gave his message, though, or maybe when Trevor and his family sang Mary Did You Know? You were so active you made Mama squirm! It was a lovely evening with our church family, made all the sweeter by your tiny presence inside of me.
Mama is going to start your baby book this month. I want to get all of these letters and the pictures and cards I've been saving for you in place before you arrive, so that I can start right in on your birth pictures once you are home with us for good. Your Aunty Laura gave you the most beautiful photo album to record the first years of your life, and I can't wait to put it together and show it to you someday!
I love you, baby Renny...
Mommy

1 comment:

  1. I think your post is so sweet. I'm in my sixties now and envy the thrill of know what your child is and blogging about the day to day changes in your life during this time. You will make an awesome mother. It sounds like your daughter is truly blessed.
    Glenda Parker
    http://glendaparkerfictionwriter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog post! I can't wait to hear your comments. If you have a general question, or want to contact me about something not related to this post, please use the form found on my Contact page. Thanks! *smiles*